With inspiration from my red blouse I decided to try the same pattern again. It took me about half a day to make it. I can feel that it takes to long for me to both pin and sew, but that it something that will come with time if I continue.
I made a few changes to the pattern this time. It is skinner to start with – more a t-shirt than a blouse. I made lines at the breasts to make it fitted. I didn’t add short sleeves this time, but kept it even shorter. In the back I made it deeper (a lot more than the original pattern, but still not as deep as I would like) and added a line to keep it tight together. I’m considering modifying it into a straight line but now it’s two lines tied together. I love when there is stuff happening at the back.
I did screw up a bit with the neckline. The pattern showed a different variation than the one I´ve tried before so I gave it a go but it didn’t really work so I had to fix it in other ways. It got a bit bulky and crooked, but if you don´t look too close, it still works.
I am happy with it either way. It’s a fabric I like, both the silky feel and the pattern. it feels summery and nice to wear an day with a nice pair of slacks. Its far from perfect, but its an ok step on the way to something nice.